Scotland: Riding out the storm
Scotland's finance industry is riding out the downturn with typical prudence. Consequently, the country's law firms can provide a career path for English lawyers as well as returning Scots, writes Louise Carr
In the past few months we have noticed an increasing trend in City lawyers exploring the possibility of relocating to Scotland. A number of these enquiries have come from Scottish-qualified lawyers who have already spent a few years in London gaining big-ticket experience and are now ready to return home, eager to get on partnership track with one of the leading Scottish firms.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651