The newly-appointed group general counsel at Barclays takes up his post in June.
What attracted you to the role?I have spent a lot of time advising banks in my career, either as outside counsel or in-house, so I feel very comfortable operating in that environment. It is also only with a UK bank that an English lawyer is likely to have the opportunity of filling the group general counsel role. This is a rare opportunity to direct the legal affairs for the whole of the bank and to provide legal input on strategic and operational issues at the highest level. I also really liked the members of the Barclays’ team I have met which is an important factor in any move.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651