The unsung heroes
Despite mechanical and logistical headaches and the prospect of redundancies in the IT team, a merger can be a time when the importance of a firm's IT department is at its highest level, writes Kieran Flatt
Managing the mechanics, logistics and cultural issues of a merger is one of the key skills sets for any law firm IT director. And many people who manage legal IT departments have been in the job long enough to have experienced the turmoil and the processes that are set in place when two partnerships consider joining forces.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651