Regress to progress?
Do you have the mental strength to make the transition from 'star fee earner' to managing partner? asks Stephen Schneider
In the world of football management the received wisdom is that it is not always the best players that make the best managers. It did not take long for Bobby Moore to throw in the towel in his management career. Kevin Keegan’s failure to make a success of England is another much quoted example. Time and again we find that it is in fact the more mediocre players that prove the more successful managers – think of Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651