Southwest focus: In Bristol fashion
Bristol firms have suffered in the downturn like everyone else, but mergers, expansions and talk of demergers - buoyed up by work from some unexpected sources - have kept them in the headlines nonetheless. Derek Bedlow reports
Breaking up is hard to doJust before Christmas, Legal Week reported that sprawling West Country giant Bevan Ashford had launched a strategic review, which was expected to lead to the demerger of the firm’s ‘city’ and ‘country’ groups of offices. Yet, come April, there has been no further news. Has there been a change of heart?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651