Gaining greater influence
Following Enron and other corporate scandals, the subsequent Sarbanes-Oxley Act in the US and the Higgs report in the UK, corporate governance has leapt up the list of priorities for companies. Philip Hoult reports on the impact that corporate counsel believe this will have
Four out of five heads of legal (80%) at leading UK businesses say the nature of business is such that there will be abuses whatever corporate governance regime is implemented, the latest Legal Director Benchmarker survey has found.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651