Securing your assets
Most businesses now appreciate the need to install a credible IT security system, but too many still underestimate the level of iunvestment involved, says Alan Masson
Ask a firm for evidence of its IT policy and most will present some virus screening software and a firewall. In the modern world, this is painfully inadequate. Perhaps it is a false sense of security or a lack of knowledge which leads only a quarter of businesses to spend more than 1% of their IT budget on security and to neglect advances in both attack and defence strategies. Whatever the cause, these figures from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) are a cause for concern.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651