Boston fee party
Justifying legal expenses to a sceptical board was the subject of the recent Counsel to Counsel forum in Boston. But as Timothy Corcoran found, the key is to prove how the in-house team has a positive effect on the company's bottom line
Legal expenses are typically viewed with disdain on any corporate general ledger, but the reality is that these expenses often protect the company from what would otherwise be much more substantial exposure.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651