The Legal IT managed services survey
Buzzword or Benefit: IT outsourcers are now talking about 'managed services' which leave the client in the driving seat as an alternative to outsourcing. But is this just rhetoric or is there a tangible difference? Kieran Flatt finds out
Historically, outsourcing has found little favour with law firms and the UK market has been particularly tough for providers to crack. The legal sector is somewhat out of step with other industry sectors in this regard. In the boom years, when IT budgets were often lavish and technology as a whole was seen by many firms as a means of gaining competitive advantage, this is easy to understand. If the key focus is on strategic development rather than cost management, it makes no sense to use external resources that rely on establishing economies of scale by servicing a number of rival law firms.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651