Budgets: Value for money
Although virtually everything in the modern office is electronic- or IT-based, many partners still find it hard to come to terms with the money spent on such technology, but there are ways to show them the value, says Matthew Parsons
A senior technology manager at a major US law firm recently shared with me a conversation he had with the partners about the firm’s IT budget. While he thought the IT group had made great strides in telling the firm what they were doing, the partners were complaining about the lack of transparency of the IT budget. In particular, the partners were venting their increasing frustration at the amount of money spent year after year and were starting to talk about dramatic cutbacks.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651