Commentary: Candover leads advisers a merry dance
Clifford Chance absent from private equity client's headline transactions, despite steady flow of work on lesser deals
The news that private equity giant Candover Investments has instructed Clifford Chance (CC) on its latest deal, backing the low-profile £85m management buy-in of pipeline manufacturer Wellstream, has fuelled speculation that CC is being avoided by the client on many of its large transactions.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651