Offshore: Watching the Directive
Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man have finally fallen into line with the OECD, but now the compromise deal over the EU's Savings Directive presents yet another dilemma for the offshore finance industry, writes Helen Mooney
“It is a mess,” says Andrew Corlett, partner and managing director of Isle of Man-based law firm Cains of the recent European Union (EU) agreement on the Savings Tax Directive.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651