Offshore: Meeting the challenge
In an effort to combat the global downturn in the insurance market and continue to attract new business, Guernsey has enacted new insurance regulatory laws. Christopher Andersen sets out some of the main developments
There have been a number of factors operating to make the past two years a turbulent time in the global insurance industry. During that period we have seen significant reduction in capacity; the tightening of policy wordings; and widespread concern about credit risk.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651