This month veteran Wall Street lawyer George Schieren resigned as associate general counsel at Merrill Lynch to join Clifford Chance. After 21 years at the bank he was one of its highest-ranking officials. Fresh from leading the negotiations on Merrills' recent settlement with securities regulators over conflicts involved in stock research analysis, he speaks to Legal Director about the lessons he has learned and the challenges facing the global legal community
What lay behind your decision to leave Merrill Lynch?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651