Recently a group of corporate counsel, business executives and private practice lawyers met to discuss the key legal issues and trends which have occurred in the wake of the Enron scandal to see what their effect has been. Here the group outline their findings
We all recognise that the US corporate regulatory landscape has changed dramatically in the past 18 months and we also all recognise that the full impact of this change will not be fully felt or understood for some time. That having been said, corporate regulation is certainly not a new phenomenon. We view the recent wave of regulation – the Sarbanes-Oxley Act – as part of a ‘pendulum of regulation’ that swings back and forth through the years.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651