Unilever's Steve Williams is tickled pink to be voted as the chief legal adviser on the UK dream team, but he does not take life too seriously. Here he speaks to Mary Mullally about why heading a global team has become even more interesting post-Enron
What have been your main challenges as global head of legal for a company the size of Unilever?Trying to make sure our lawyers around the world – some 250 in all specialisations – all feel part of the Unilever enterprise and can make a real contribution to it beyond their own jurisdiction.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651