The road from here
Leeds has been exporting its brand of lawyering far and wide for more than a decade. But, as Derek Bedlow discovered at a round table meeting of the city's top firms, they still have much to do before they achieve their ultimate ambitions
“Ten years ago, someone said to me that Leeds could not support all these firms. The hypothesis was that there was not enough work around and that at least one of you is going to go to the wall. But we have all gone from strength to strength,” Pinsent Curtis Biddle’s Leeds-based head of corporate Michael Shaw told a specially convened round table of Leeds’ top lawyers last week.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651