Legal adviser Hilary Wilson on working in the engineering sector and why she would never move to a private practice position
What is the size of Skanska’s in-house legal department?The department comprises seven lawyers led by Mark Galloway who is on the board of Skanska Construction Group, the ultimate UK holding company, and who is also responsible inter alia for the insurance and company secretarial functions. The department performs nearly all legal functions in-house from contract negotiations to dispute resolution (the latter led by Nigel Cornwell) together with advice on ancillary matters such as employment, IT, intellectual property etc.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651