A cautious optimism
Peter Thompson analyses the results of the latest Michael Page salary survey and finds that, although the recruitment market has slowed and salary increases are likely to be modest this year, the legal sector is still in pretty good shape
The factors driving any recruitment market include the prevailing global and domestic economies, sector confidence and the impact of national and international regulation. Having seen consistent growth in the legal sector from 1995 until mid-2001, followed by a sharp dip in work levels and recruitment activity, the current market is very difficult to call.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651