ARD times ahead
Employment lawyers have long had to grapple with TUPE, now it is the turn of pension professionals to navigate their way across these choppy waters. Dana Burstow takes a look at the ups and downs of pension issues on business transfers
For the past two decades, Tupe has proved to be a fertile source of litigation. The European Commission has long been lobbied to review the Acquired Rights Directive (ARD), the European legislation which Tupe enacts in the UK. As a result, the Council of Ministers adopted a directive in 1998 which proposed amendments to the ARD.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651