Cashing in your chips
The takeover of Statham Gill Davies by accountancy practice Tenon has brought to the fore the issue of law firm partners cashing in. But, asks Ian Mouland, would a similar deal be suitable for other firms?
We hear on the grapevine that Tenon has been inundated with enquiries from other firms since its recent purchase of the niche music practice, Statham Gill Davies (SGD). I know of some partners who have had their calculators out, trying to establish the value of their own firms.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651