Dentons steps up CIS drive with Lovells partner
Legal Director reports
Denton Wilde Sapte has bolstered its CIS practice with the appointment of Lovells’ former Moscow head of banking.Lovells senior associate Greg Potts is to join Dentons’ trade finance team in London after spending a transition period in firm’s Moscow office this autumn. Potts will focus on the trade finance strategy throughout the CIS and Eastern Europe.The appointment is the latest number of moves by Dentons to strengthen its eastern European practice, with the City firm in July hiring Daniel Marti, former head of Andersen Legal’s Moscow office.Subsequently Dentons hired corporate and banking partner Alexander Barmin from Allen & Overy’s Moscow office where he has worked for the last eight years.“Last autumn we acquired the Cameron McKenna team in Central Asia and now have the largest law offices in Almaty and Tashkent. Since then we have also worked on improving our Russian team and are showing results,” said Doran Doeh, head of Dentons’ CIS practice.Elsewhere, Dentons is growing its Middle East practice with the appointment of banking and projects partner Richard de Belder from US firm Bryan Cave. De Belder joins the firm’s Abu Dhabi office
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651