Freshfields suffers New York partner reverse
Legal Director reports
The New York office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has lost one of the two partners hired to boost the firm’s US practice a month after the firm publicly announced the appointments.Mark Spivak, co-head of the project development and finance at Vinson & Elkins, has decided to remain at the Texas-based firm.Although Spivak had not agreed a start date with Freshfields, he was due to join structured finance partner Tim Little, who joined the magic circle firm’s New York office from Shearman & Sterling at the end of July.Legal Week understands that Spivak has decided to stay at Vinson & Elkins for personal reasons.“We still have a strong project finance group in the US and Spivak was not joining to fill a gap,” said Stephen Revell, head of the Freshfields’ US practice.“Mark is of great importance to the office and the project finance practice both in Washington and globally,” said Jay Hebert, co-managing partner of Vinson & Elkins Washington office.At the beginning of July rival magic circle firm Allen & Overy (A&O) appointed two partners from Vinson & Elkins to its New York practice, including its New York office’s head of corporate, Eric Shube.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651