CC Berlin partner to set up domestic practice
Legal Director reports
Berlin-based Clifford Chance real estate partner Eckart Putzier is leaving the firm to set up his own practice as the firm re-structures its German practice.Putzier is the second real estate partner to leave the firm in recent months and follows the departure of colleague Ulrich Reblin who also left the Berlin office to start a sole practice.When Reblin left the firm in March the CC’s global head of property, Wolfgang Usinger, said the firm was pushing the real estate group to focus on high margin cross border international.It is not known which other real estate partners are expected to leave the German practice but the firm hinted there will be more moves to follow.The Berlin real estate market has been particularly hit in recent months following a spate of bad investments on the edge of Berlin leading to a number of empty office blocks.It is understood that Putzier will not be taking any associates with him.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651