Norton Rose boosts Frankfurt and Munich
Legal Week reports
Norton Rose has boosted its German practice with the hire of two partners and their teams in Munich and Frankfurt.The firm has hired M&A specialist Alex von Bergwelt from Munich-based mid-size firm Arcon, where he was a former managing partner.He brings with him a team of six associates for the firm’s new Munich office, which until now has been staffed by Cologne and Frankfurt based partners.The second lateral hire is Uwe Hartmann, a tax a specialist, who joins the Frankfurt office from his own tax boutique. He was formerly a lawyer at Oppenhoff & Raedler.Simon Cox, one of Norton Rose’s two English partners based in Germany, said the hires were a very significant for the firm and that these hires should in turn make it easier to hire further lateral German partners and associates.“It was very important to get tax capability in Frankfurt,” added Cox, who was sent over to Germany this year with colleague Campbell Steedman to help build a cross-border practice.The two English corporate partners will be reinforced in Germany by another London partner in September, banking specialist Lucy Wolley Dod.Although Norton Rose gained a presence in Germany earlier this year through its merger with the Cologne office of Gaedertz, the firm is keen to expand into the key business centres of Frankfurt and Munich.These latest hires follow the decision in June of banking partner Frank Herring of Oppenhoff & Raedler to move to the firm’s Frankfurt office.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651