Lovells set for French assault with Simeon merger
Legal Director reports
Lovells has agreed to merge with Paris-based firm Simeon et Associes in a bid to give its French practice a much-needed boost Both firms held a final partnership vote on Saturday after extensive talks held over the last two months (Legal Week 21.6.01).The merger, which will become official on 1 November, has provided Lovells with an extra 12 French-qualified partners.Lovells, which will now have 25 partners based in Paris and eight partners based in Brussels, has been eager to grab a larger slice of continental Europe’s second biggest legal market.The merger also signals Lovells’ determination to maintain the pace of its European expansion.Robert Follie, the managing partner of Lovells’ Paris practice, will become managing partner of the merged practice.The Brussels practice will be led by Lovells’ Brussels managing partner Nick Bromfield.“By merging with Simeon we will double the size of our corporate practice, while reinforcing other key areas such as competition, employment and tax,” Follie said.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651