Insurance giant RSA in tripartite outsourcing deal
Legal Week reports
Insurance giant Royal & Sun Alliance (RSA) is to hive off its in-house legal team to insurance firms Badhams Thompson, Davies Wallis Foyster (DWF) and Lyons Davidson.Although the RSA’s in-house team will remain at their old desks in RSA offices for the time being, they will officially become employees of their allotted firms. At the moment the existing in-house team, which is made up of about 60 lawyers, deals with claims worth below £50,000.It is understood that location was an important factor behind the choice of firms. Operating from different ends of the country, the three firms would give the RSA a comprehensive national coverage.Badhams is a London practice, Lyons Davidson serves the south west from its base in Bristol, and DWF has its offices in Liverpool and Manchester.The move comes as insurance rival Axa is attempting to remould its systems for working with lower value claims.The company is currently analysing the results of a six-month pilot project run with Bolton-based Keoghs and Stockton-on-Tees based Jacksons.The firms were each given a different system to use to process low value high volume claims.If the results are favourable, the company plans to extend it to its other panel firms.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651