Burges Salmon snaps up Eversheds' Bristol head
Legal Director reports
Eversheds’ former Bristol senior partner Peter Morris has found a new home as the office officially closes for business today. Morris, who was the office’s senior partner and head of property and finance litigation has been snapped up by leading Bristol firm Burges Salmon.Morris joined Burges Salmon’s 14-partner commercial litigation group on 3 May.Morris, a respected litigator in the south west market, told Legal Week that he has been in discussions with Burges Salmon since Eversheds’ intention to close the office became clear.The national firm decided to shut the Bristol office following a strategic review earlier this year. However, Morris said that as senior partner, he was not involved in taking strategy decisions, as the role was non-executive. He added: “I am joining a firm that I have known for a long time and I’m delighted.”Morris’s longstanding client Bristol & West is understood to be moving its commercial litigation business to Burges Salmon, but it is not yet clear whether any other Eversheds lawyers will be joining Morris at Burges Salmon. Licensing lawyer Jeremy Phillips was one of the first of Eversheds’ Bristol team to jump ship, when he joined Burges Salmon’s south west rival Osborne Clarke as a property partner. Litigation partner Nick Mehlig followed on 1 May.Click on ‘email news’ at legalweek.net to be alerted to breaking news stories.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651