TELECOMS: Keep the lawyers sweet
Recent weeks have been a watershed in the telecoms industry, with share prices plummeting and job losses across the board. Camilla Hardwick looks at what the future holds for the industry's lawyers and finds that far from facing cuts, the main challenge for legal directors may be keeping hold of the top in-house talent
The telecoms industry is no longer the darling of the new economy, but is weighed down by debt and tumbling share values. The effects of the downturn have hit the telecom giants not in ripples, but in waves.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651