Wragges in Bank of Scotland panel win
James Lumley reports
Top Birmingham firm Wragge & Co has won a place on the Bank of Scotland’s new banking litigation panel for England and Wales.The firm will be working on high end banking litigation work and will be advising the bank’s English and Welsh business banking centres in Chester, Purley, Cardiff and Edinburgh.Banking partner Richard Ellison, who heads Wragges’ Bank of Scotland team, said that the firm was invited to take part in a competitive tender.The firm’s 32-lawyer finance sector litigation team was recommended by an existing contact at the bank. Ellison added that Wragges would receive a “substantial volume” of work following the instruction.“This is a very important win for us Ellison said. “And it is also very helpful for us because the work involves a great deal of asset financing which is not something that we have done much of in the past.”Wragges joins City firm Denton Wilde Sapte, north west firm Davis Wallis Foyster and top regional banking firm Walker Morris on the panel.The Bank of Scotland’s selection panel was headed by the company’s Chester-based in-house lawyer Graham Cooper.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651