On 1 March he took on his toughest challenge yet - the chairmanship of troubled mutual insurer Equitable Life. Vanni Treves tells Mary Mullally what qualities he brings to the role and why he believes lawyers are an untapped resource in business
When did you first to move into the business arena?The mid-1980s, when non-executive directors on boards took off. I was a corporate lawyer and gave my clients robust advice. One or two of them said, “If you think you are so smart, why don’t you try it?”.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651