Slaughters' Pescod surfaces at private bank
Legal Week reports
Slaughter and May’s former head of corporate finance Michael Pescod has become a partner in City-based private bank Gleacher & Co.The move into a non-legal role comes after Pescod, one of the City’s best known corporate lawyers, retired from Slaughters in July after standing unsuccessfully for senior partner against Tim Clark.Pescod’s role at the firm was taken by corporate partner Stephen Cooke this May, who will keep the position for a three-year term.The move puts an end to speculation that Pescod, one of a handful of senior Slaughters lawyers to have left the firm, would become the first London partner to move to a rival firm.“Gleacher & Co is a great bunch of people most of whom I have known for years,” said Pescod.Gleacher & Co was founded in 1990 by former Lehman Brothers partner Eric Gleacher and specialises in venture capital and investment banking.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651