Testing times for the recruitment business
Legal Week Reports
Over the past few years, the occasional article has been published discussing the advent of head-hunting in London’s legal marketplace. The general themes of such articles have been the argument that London lags behind New York (where head-hunting is endemic), the growing awareness among London firms of the need for a more proactive recruitment solution and the ‘battle’ for market share between the ‘passive’ file-search agencies and the new breed of more ‘aggressive’ head-hunters.There is little purpose in dwelling on such tired cliches. There can be no doubt that London law firms have fully embraced the concept of head-hunting.There are very few firms remaining that have not crossed the perceived ‘great divide’ and retained head-hunters to fill key vacancies on a proactive basis.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651