Legal Week Reports
Blakely puts away the axe,Denton Wilde Sapte A surprisingly find themselves near the foot of the table after a disastrous start. We lost our first two games rather convincingly for a variety of reasons, but we remain optimistic, having accumulated four points from our last two games to take us off the bottom of the table. Steven Blakely, managing partner (strategic initiatives), said he had been sharpening the axe but had put it back in the cabinet. To be honest, I would have been more worried if he said he had every confidence in my managerial skills. The First Division is wide open this season and lots of teams are capable of winning the championship. Linklaters and Lovells are joint leaders with Clifford Chance and Nabarro Nathanson in hot pursuit behind them. Anthony Barness of Linklaters says their form can be put down to the fact that he has more players to choose from. Neil Bailey of Lovells is delighted with his team’s start to the season, which has included important victories over Slaughter and May and Clifford Chance.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651