Small worldThe world is full of coincidences as Joel Simon, managing partner of Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker found out at a school picnic with his daughter Olivia recently. While introducing himself to Mrs Ball, the mother of his daughter’s friend (also called Olivia) she said: “I understand you are a lawyer with a West Coast US firm, so is my husband.” Simon racked his brains…Olivia Ball…Olivia Ball…and then the penny dropped. The family was none other than that of Nomura bigwig Steven Ball, who recently joined Gibson Dunn & Crutcher as a partner, but who was once linked with Paul Hastings.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651