How to insure you qualify for cover
Solicitors' indemnity insurance will be more generous than that offered to other professions but, as Frank Maher reports, the best terms will not be on offer to everybody
Indemnity cover goes open market on 1 September – and the Law Society has laid down the minimum terms on which insurers can offer cover to solicitors. These are substantially wider and more generous to solicitors than indemnity policies available to most other professionals, but speculation is rife that up to 800 firms will be unable to negotiate cover on the open market. So what are the key areas that every law firm should be addressing?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651