Peter Bevan and Sean McGovern have both achieved significant recognition for their talents as in-house counsel. Joyce McKimm discovers how they rose to the top of their profession
1970 was a big year for Peter Bevan, BP Amoco’s group general counsel – it was the year he qualified. It also happened to be the year Lloyd’s of London’s director of legal services Sean McGovern was born. But while Bevan has 30 years’ post-qualification experience (PQE) to McGovern’s precocious six, the pair share an almost evangelical zeal for the rewards of working in-house.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651