Cutting through conveyancing red tape
The Land Registry has launched an online information retrieval service, as the first step in a plan to promote fully electronic conveyancing. Kieran Flatt asks leading property lawyers whether this will really accelerate the property buying process
The Government’s commitment to putting all its services online by 2005, as stated in the Modernising Government white paper, has led to a major long-term initiative to enable fully electronic conveyancing.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651