Wragges raids Irwin Mitchell to boost Ftse 100 client base
Legal Week Reports
Top Birmingham firm Wragge & Co has hired Irwin Mitchell’s highly-rated Sheffield head of corporate and commercial, Andrew Harrison, as part of a drive to boost the regional leader’s Ftse 100 and US client base.Currently on gardening leave, Harrison will work with Wragges’ head of major corporate, Richard Haywood, on business development for larger UK clients. He will work with US partner David Birch on developing the firm’s North American client base.Harrison, who worked at Clifford Chance for two years before joining Irwin Mitchell in 1990, has worked on deals such as the £105m management buyout of William Cook in the face of a hostile takeover by Triplex Lloyd and The Alpine Group’s £300m disposal to Cookson.The move brings the number of partners in Wragges’ highly-rated corporate team to 19 – by far the largest in the Midlands. Clients include Powergen, British Airways and GKN. Harrison will join Wragges in August, taking its number of partners to 96. Recent turnover figures showed Wragges had boosted its fee income by 30% to £54.5m – one of the highest growth rates of a major regional firm.Commenting on the move, Haywood said: “It is rare to find someone of Andrew’s calibre and with a reputation on both sides of the Atlantic, and we are very pleased that he has chosen to join Wragge & Co.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651