Baker Robbins sets up shop in London
US legal IT consultants already has work from several City firms
US legal technology consultancy Baker Robbins & Co is to open an office in London. The 150-strong group plans to be up and running in the City in the next couple of months if talks with a potential link-up partner succeed.Chief operations officer Frank Vandevelde is moving to London in April to oversee the opening of the branch, which could have up to two dozen consultants over the next few years.Consultant David Baker said the company was engaged in work in the UK, particularly for US firms with offices in the City. The company had also undertaken work for some City firms, which Baker described as “slightly ahead” of their US counterparts “in terms of what they can do”.Baker said the $25m company was the “largest dedicated group” in the business, competing mainly with the consultancy arms of the major accountancy firms. “We do not sell products,” he said, adding that “we are very multi-disciplinary in approach across six practice areas – internet working; internet development; strategic planning; enterprise applications; collaborative systems and legal information management.”With regards to legal information management, Vandevelde said the company had developed in recent years “a strong methodology for browser-based portal development”.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651