Deals Mergers and acquisitions
Legal Week Reports
Herbert Smith acted for Automobile Association (AA) on its £1.1bn sale to GB Gas Holdings, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica, which closed last week. The proceeds were divided between the AA’s 4.6 million eligible members. Corporate partner Stephen Hancock led the team. Linklaters & Alliance, led by corporate partner Derek McMenamin, advised Centrica. Wilde Sapte, led by senior partner Mark Andrews, advised the AA’s individual liquidators. Norton Rose, led by senior partner David Lewis, advised individual committee members in their personal capacity.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651