Mergers and acquisitions
Macfarlanes acted for Thomas Swan & Co on its recent disposal of the Thomas Swan Scientific Equipment Division to Thomas Swan Scientific Equipment, a newly formed subsidiary of AIXTRON AG – a company listed on the German Neuer Markt. The division manufactures equipment for the production of semi-conductors by chemical vapour deposition and distributes them worldwide. Corporate partner William King led the team. Gary Copeland of Fernwood Legal Practice dealt with completion arrangements for new premises for the business. McDermott Will & Emery, led by managing partner Bill Charnley, advised AIXTRON. The company’s in-house lawyer, Barbara Drenkelfort, also advised.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651