Tuning up your billing strategy
Despite the current economic boom being enjoyed by many law firms, a good billing policy is still essential, writes James Cotterman
Recent years have been kind to many law firms both in the US and in the UK. But such economic success is by no means uniform. Some firms have performed much better than average, while others have fallen woefully behind.Obviously, firms in the latter category need to take a hard look at their financial strategies and policies or face a grim future at the time of the next economic contraction, whenever that occurs. And, even financially successful firms will find it beneficial to tune up their strategies and policies now, during good times, in order to develop even better baseline economics in anticipation of the next, inevitable recession.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651