When Burford Slowed the Litigation Funding Bandwagon
How fair is the criticism that led to a crash in the firm's share price, and what knock-on effect will it have?
It was nice while it lasted. But it’s probably safe to say the high-profile dispute between U.K.-listed Burford Capital and U.S. investment firm Muddy Waters Research during the past week has tempered the hype that the litigation funding market has enjoyed in recent years.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651