King & Spalding Continues to Build Up Its Brussels Office
Hervé Jouanjean will join the firm's International Trade Practice from the French firm Fidal.
King & Spalding has taken another step in building up its Brussels office, by recruiting a former European Commission trade expert.
Hervé Jouanjean will join the firm’s international trade practice in Brussels as a senior trade expert. Jouanjean joins from the French law firm Fidal, where he was of counsel.
He was previously a director in the European Commission’s trade department, deputy head of the commission’s delegation to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, and deputy secretary-general of the commission.
Jouanjean will work alongside Marie-Sophie Dibling, who recently joined King & Spalding as a partner from Fidal. He will divide his time between Paris and Brussels.
“Hervé has more than 30 years of experience working in senior roles at the very heart of the EC, so his knowledge of the inner workings of the commission is of the highest standard,” Steve Orava, chair of King & Spalding’s international trade group, said in a statement. “His expertise across trade policy, internal market and financial issues adds an exciting new dynamic to our practice and offers our clients a first-rate resource for EC and trade-related advice.”
The recruitment of Jouanjean is part of King & Spalding’s ongoing plan to build up its Brussels office. The firm also hired Dibling earlier this month.
In addition to trade policy, the Brussels office will address clients needs in other major practice areas, including data protection, food and healthcare, the firm said.
“We’ve been looking at Brussels for a while for a regulation and investigations practice,” Orava said.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651