How to Protect Trade Secrets Amid Trade Wars
A multipronged strategy for protecting your company’s life blood.
Trade secrets are the focal point of ongoing international political tensions, with threats of trade wars, tariffs and criminal charges making the news on a daily basis. Experts from the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property estimate the cost to the U.S. economy alone caused by theft of U.S. trade secrets is as high as $600 billion per year. Whether and how the political issues will be resolved is unclear, but one thing is certain: no political rhetoric, trade agreement or criminal prosecution will do much to protect a company from losses or restore its value once its trade secrets are stolen.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651