Ex-Hammonds partner to face January trial over allegations of Hillsborough disaster cover-up
Lawyer who reviewed police statements after football stadium tragedy to face trial in January 2019 after judge declines to stay prosecution
Former Hammonds partner Peter Metcalf, the lawyer who acted for the South Yorkshire Police in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster, will face trial next January after a judge declined to stay his prosecution over charges of intent to pervert the course of public justice.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651