'We didn’t buy Carillion to do a Freshfields' – CC’s new London head on ramping up Newcastle and creating the firm of the future
Michael Bates on his 'baptism of fire' since taking up the leadership reins in CC's London HQ
Clifford Chance’s (CC’s) recently appointed London head Michael Bates is not exaggerating when he describes his first few weeks in the job as a “baptism of fire”. Within three weeks of taking up his new post in January, he was in negotiations to purchase the legal services arm of collapsed construction giant Carillion.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651