Irwin Mitchell, Ince, Bird & Bird and Kennedys announce 2018 partner promotions
Women dominate Irwin Mitchell's promotions round with only one man made up
Irwin Mitchell has announced a nearly all-female promotions round, with six women joining the partnership out of a reduced round of seven.
The cohort includes Sheffield residential property lawyer Helen Hutchinson, who originally joined the firm as a secretary in 1999. Only one male lawyer has been promoted to partner – City personal injury lawyer Charankamal Dhaliwal.
With the new additions, there are now 105 female partners at the firm, equating to 41% of the partnership.
This year’s round is more than 50% smaller than last year, when the firm promoted 15 lawyers.
The firm’s London office has gained four new partners, with one apiece made up in Birmingham, Sheffield and Leeds.
The promotions have been made across the firm’s three main divisions: personal injury, private wealth and business legal services.
Meanwhile, Ince & Co has made up six new partners across its global offices, including three based in London. Ince’s promotions follow an earlier than usual promotion of three Hamburg-based lawyers, following Clydes’ hire of a four-partner shipping team from Ince & Co in February.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651