Revealed: Berwin Leighton Paisner's longstanding links to disgraced Presidents Club charity
Accounts reveal firm served as legal adviser to scandal-hit charity with senior disputes partner a committee member
Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) was listed as the principal legal adviser to the infamous Presidents Club Charitable Trust for at least five years, according to the organisation’s accounts, it has emerged. The news came after an event brochure published online yesterday (25 January) revealed that disputes partner Graham Shear this year served as a committee member for the charity.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651